Wednesday, 18 November 2015

Applying for Jobs

Getting the knock backs and how to turn them into phone calls

I constantly applied for jobs constantly throughout the year. After receiving knock back after knock back I knew something had to change. So I decided to change my career objective as this is the first thing employers will read. How do I make this different from every other resume they have looked at?

It took me a day to write the career objective because I wanted to find different ways of saying things. I chose to go with talking about myself and what kind of skills I have to offer. I related these skills to how they will complement the job. I stated that I wanted to become a media professional and believed the job would be a stepping stone to my dream career.

After these slight changes I was offered some job interviews which were a fantastic experience.

Hunting down that dream job like there's no tomorrow

You need to show interest in the job you are applying for. Call them up and ask them questions about the job. If you are sent to voicemail like I was, leave a message. I then decided to go to the company and ask for the person I would be working alongside. I found this person on LinkedIn then asked for her at the reception desk of the organisation.



No comments:

Post a Comment